Spiga

Using Windows Live Writer for writing Blogs

Hi All!

I just downloaded and installed the Windows Live Writer (WLW) from the big brother at Microsoft.

Frankly, I’m quite surprised that WLW supports posting to other Blogs that are not part of Windows Live network. So here’s to you MS! :)

Here, I’m testing the application straight away with writing this entry… Hope it works.

image 

I just fiddled with WLW a bit, its quite good. It can retrieve the categories (tags) that I use in Blogger, has (currently) 112 plug-ins with variety of functionalities, able to insert tables, videos, tags (from several tags provider, like Technorati, del.icio.us, Flickr, ect.), English spell checker (pity it does not support custom dictionary), and other formatting functions.

As this is my first post using WLW, I will not write much this time. So, hope I share a bit of this goody later on.

See ya!